MAKEUP TIPS FOR THE NEW YEAR
Many women in their 40s and 50s have used the same makeup techniques and colors for 20 or 30 years! Here are some tips to "update" your look!
- Less is Best - Heavy foundation, shimmery eye shadows and bright colors add years to your looks. Best to use hydrating foundation, soft and natural eye shadows and more subtle brown colors for eyeliner and mascara.
- Change your foundation with the seasons - Your skin color will change with the seasons, so it is logical to change your foundation as well. In between Summer and Winter it might make sense to combine your summer and winter color. A too dark foundation adds years. Choose a shade that blends with neck and jawline.
- Spend time blending your concealer and foundation to achieve a more flawless base.
- Concealer choices - Apricot tone for dark under eye circles. Green based concealer is best for concealing redness. Use a lighter tone than the foundation.
- Thin dark brows are dated. Fuller brows are more natural looking. Don't over-pluck! Blondes and light brunettes should use a taupe color. Darker hair looks best with a deep chocolate tone - not red, not black.