- An estimated 80 percent of all people between the ages of 11 and 30 may experience acne outbreaks.
- There is no known way to prevent the development of acne.
- Acne can be hereditary. If your family has acne, you may be more prone to it.
- Acne can strike at any age.
- Acne problems in women fluctuate due to monthly hormone surges which cause an increase in oil production.
- Acne can be caused by everything from diet and stress to pregnancy and even friction from clothes.
- A small amount of sun exposure can provide some benefits to those suffering with acne- but it should be limited to 10 minutes for those with light skin and 20 minutes for those with dark skin.
- Not all products that are labeled organic or all natural are safe for those prone to breakouts. At Lakewood Laser, we offer only Epionce, the finest skin care products that we believe in to help you keep your skin healthy and glowing.
Many individuals do not respond adequately to traditional continuous acne treatments, including acutane, topicals and antibiotics. We offer therapy that treats the various causes of acne. We have several different light and laser treatments that will reduce or eliminate the acne problem.